Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Secure

Sometimes it seems all of my muses are working together with one goal in mind. Four separate inspiration pieces led me to create this layout. Recently, I found a fun photo of my daughter and I knew I wanted to do something special with it. A conversation I had with a teacher at her school made me consider a sincere wish I have for my daughter - that she be secure with herself. When I saw the current sketch at Stuck?! Sketches

I was instantly inspired and wanted to create. I received a red ribbon assortment in a goodie bag at a recent crop. On the day of that crop, these four inspiration pieces led me to create this layout:



I liked the simple color scheme since my girl is wearing red and white in both photos. The photos, by the way, were taken 6 months apart three years ago. I decided to use them to tell this story because they emphasize her face even though they are a few years old.

When my photos and journaling aren't from the same general time, I usually include both the date of the photo and the date of the journaling.

I am glad that all of my muses worked together to inspire me to share this story with my daughter.

What about you? What is inspiring you lately?

The red and white papers and the small embellishments are from Echo Park's Yours Truly collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment