Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Getting into home dec - Paper Thrills challenge #30

I have framed layouts before. I've even created framed pieces using my supplies that don't include photos, but still the current challenge at Paper Thrills - to create a fall wall-hanging - made me a bit nervous. I took my inspiration from Aly Dodsall who did a whole week about home decor at write.click.scrapbook last month and here is what I created:
I started with a Styrofoam wreath - a 12 inch one, I believe. I followed Aly's suggestion and cut some paper from the (retired) CTMH Olivia collection into 2X3 blocks (about 50 of them).When I started arranging the paper on the wreath, I found I liked tilting the blocks and creating the fun zig zag effect inside.

After the paper was on I was a bit stumped. I just couldn't decide where to go. My hubby suggested photos - after all Paper Thrills is a challenge blog for scrapbookers. That was the next burst of inspiration I needed. I used CTMH's new Foundry Pin Clips as my photo holders. The pin clips were perfect because in addition to fitting with the style of the project, I will be able to switch out the photos as I wish!  I found the ribbon and then added some Mocha Opaques from CTMH and voila, challenge complete!

Now head on over to Paper Thrills and check out what the rest of the design team created. While you're there, why not play along yourself? I can't wait to see what you create! 

No comments:

Post a Comment