Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Beach Baby

We have just returned from a week at the beach. This trip has been our family tradition for seven years - more summers than my youngest has been alive. This year we reminisced about his first trip, and he didn't remember the stories. When we got home, I dug out some photos from that year and put together a layout to capture these memories for him.


I found the photos with a whole stash of old beach products. I don't always organize by theme, but it sure made this layout quick and easy!


To fit with the beach photos I used three different types of distressing as you can see below:
  • on the kraft paper I used the ink pad directly on the paper
  • on the blue pattern paper, I applied the ink with a sponge
  • on the Bamboo cardstock I sanded the edge to reveal the white core.

The journaling isn't fancy, but it captures the highlights of his first beach trip.


He was excited when I showed it to him this morning. Memory captured (six years later), story preserved. Scrapbook win!

No comments:

Post a Comment