Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

National Scrapbooking Day

Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day! Did you do anything special? This weekend was a very busy one for our family. I didn't think I'd get to scrap much, but things settled down earlier than I thought and I got out my photos!

I didn't get out to a face to face crop, but I did get to play along with some of the challenges at the Creative Crop hosted by Big Picture Classes and Creating Keepsakes. Although the challenges weren't timed, the fact that a new one arrived in my inbox every hour did keep the pressure on. I managed to complete three and two were real challenges for me - things I hadn't done before or wouldn't have tried without the extra nudge. Here are the layouts I created.

Challenge #1: Text
I found a paperback book that I didn't need to read again and cut it up for the text portions on the right hand side! (very new to me!)


Challenge #2: 10+10+10: ten products, ten techniques, ten words
I must confess, I didn't use any products or techniques that were brand new to me, although some were things I hadn't done in a while. Still, this is certainly more than I would do on many of my pages!
Ten products: card stock, father sticker, ribbon, journal spot, "strength" button, felt flourish, chipboard star, rub on star, brads, edge anchor.
Ten techniques: sanding, edge distressing, inking, stamping, hand journaling, clustering, tearing, gathering, punching, hidden journaling

Challenge #6:Think outside the box
Another one that was totally new to me.

It is kind of hard to see in this photo, but the strip that goes horizontally between the photos and the title is 12 inches long, but the base of the base page is only 9 inches.

All in all a very productive day! I hope you got a chance to do something crafty on National Scrapbooking Day! If you didn't (or even if you did) why not create your own scrapping day or time this week? You might surprise yourself!

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I didn't get any of the challenges done - boo. But I did scrap with some new friends here so that was lots of fun. I think I'll be doing these challenges but on my own time. You did great with your challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love those. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete