Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Paper Thrills challenge 35 - Ad Challenge

The new challenge is up over at Paper Thrills. In honor of all of the shopping that has been advertised in the last week, it is an ad challenge. Normally I'm kind of intimidated by ad challenges. I have a hard time making my style, photos, products etc. work with the things I see in magazines and store circulars. This time, however, I went with an ad of a different sort and I love the way it turned out!

I found this ad in Ms. magazine last month:


I was totally inspired by the row of small photos near the top, and I set out to replicate it. Here is what I came up with:

I took some elements from the ad in addition to the row of small photos and their mat.
      I placed my title on the photo mat - although mine is on the right and only on the top.
      I included a larger element on the bottom left of the design - although mine is up a bit higher.
      I used text along the bottom of the design - although mine is focused on the right hand side.

I'm so glad I took this challenge. I'm not convinced it's going to change my mind about ad challenges in general, but I certainly like the way this one turned out.

Have you ever been inspired by an ad?You should take the challenge. If not, it isn't too late to start. Either way, head on over to Paper Thrills to check out the other design team members' work. While you're there, why not play along?

I can't wait to see what you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment