Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I choose - a sunburst!

I’m not always a trend follower, but there are some trends I really like in paper crafting right now. The sunburst is one of them! I’ve seen bursts created with paper, ribbon, buttons, confetti, you name it! I’ve seen sunbursts behind photos, journaling, titles, on the edge of pages, even in pattern paper!

I was inspired to create my page by some triangular shaped scraps from another project. My triangles weren’t all the same size - they weren’t even similar (same angles, but different size). The irregular sunburst they created added the perfect energy to my small photo for this page.

 

 
Rather than focus on one word for the year, for 2013 I am focusing on choosing goals and priorities each month. The energy and focus this is giving me is captured perfectly in the sunburst and small journaling spots.










I double stamped the title in two different inks slightly offset to give the effect of depth. For the year, I attached number stickers, sponged in over them and then removed the stickers to create the negative effect.












 


I love this Chantilly paper from CTMH. The color combination is really working for me. Believe it or not, the pearl flourishes were left over from the same project as the triangles of paper. I just couldn't let either one go to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment