Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

More fun with Laughing Lola

I love playing with new papers, and Laughing Lola is one of my favorites! I created a blank one page layout as a prize for my recent new catalog open house. This layout is based on one page of a two page design featured in Make it From Your Heart Volume 2.

Creating a blank layout poses different challenges to me. I enjoy trying to keep it interesting and fun without getting too specific or themed. I find working with photo spots instead of actual photos can be a relief. I always wonder if there will be enough room for journaling, but I do have some hidden journaling tricks that I can use. 



I used to be nervous about  adding embellishments to blank layouts, but when I use a visual triangle I am happy with the results.

For this layout I decided to go with bling. I used clear sparkle flourishes, clear sparkles, floral accents, and  teal jewels. The floral accents and teal jewels are featured in the wearable art section the new CTMH idea book, but they also work very well on layouts and cards. They are self adhesive and can give any project a bit of dimension and sparkle.


I hope the lucky lady who one this layout will be laughing, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment