Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

On the Porch at Home

Sometimes I look through an idea book and see the products - the papers, stamps, tools etc. Other times, I see the projects. That is the reason that I have CTMH idea books going back many years. This layout was inspired by the project on page 19 of the Spring/Summer 2013 Idea Book.

I loved the photo block balanced by the grid design with pattern paper and embellishments. I used an old special paper pack - Dotty for You.

This layout let me showcase many of the fun patterns and the bright colors were perfect for the sunny summer theme of my layout. I kept the embellishments simple - washi tape and some hearts cut from the pattern papers - because there was so much going on with the patterns.  Foam squares gave a bit of dimension and texture.


I used the tag for both title and journaling - again, because there was so much going on elsewhere on the page. It did occur to me when I had the page all laid out that I had included bright white cardstock and an off white tag, but I decided I liked the tag enough to include it anyway. 

That is how the an idea book inspired me. What is inspiring you lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment