Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Try it on


One of my favorite parts of scrapbooking is creating with people. I love seeing what other people are working on - what colors they are using, what designs, what embellishments and how it all comes together. I also love getting inspiration from the projects other people are working on. I've been creating a lot this summer, but much of it has been on my own. When I hosted a layout class a few weeks ago, in addition to showing the techniques I was planning to teach,  I was totally inspired by the pages the other ladies created. After they had gone, I gathered the extra supplies and created this layout:






I started by arranging the circles in a rough vertical line near the left hand side of the page. I worked only with the circles that were already cut and played around with them until I was happy with the arrangement. (I did count so that I included three of each type of circle.)


















I struggled with the design beyond the vertical line of circles. I had three photos I wanted to include as well as the journaling to tell the story. I couldn't make all of those pieces fit in a way that made me happy. There just wasn't enough space on the page - so I added a flip flap. The extra space gave me enough room for the third photo and the journaling.












I finished the layout with some stamping and some sparkles.

Thanks for the inspiration, ladies! This one will win approval even from my fashion conscious little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment