Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I am a teacher

A couple of weeks off from school with plans that mostly involve hanging out around the house has led to some fun layouts! Even better, I'm home in the daylight right now to photograph them! I'm thrilled to be playing along with Stuck?! sketches this month! Check out this fun sketch:



This sketch worked perfectly with my current school photo to tell a story that occurred to me while doing holiday baking with my kids.



The journaling reads: I am a teacher in the classroom - but also in the kitchen, craftroom, grocery story. Teaching is part of who I am; it is how I approach others and the world.

For me scrapbooking is, at its heart, about recording stories. Although this journaling is brief, it captures an integral part of my personality, something I need to be reminded of and that I hope my kids will remember as well.

This layout seemed to come together on its own. I had some pieces that I had cut while playing with CTMH's Artbooking Cricut cartridge in the fall. They seemed to fit well with the story I discovered while baking. A school picture was just the right evidence for the story. Thanks, Stuck?!, for the sketch that provided a perfect canvas for this layout!

7 comments:

  1. Loce this the wlpha piece on the background is incredible! I love that you scrapped yourself too! Thnaks for linking up with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really appreciate the inspiration.

      Delete
  2. Great take on the sketch! Such a great photo. I love your colors and I love your journaling. Thanks for joining in at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun to create and I'm glad it is recorded.

      Delete
  3. Love the blue and yellow together, a beautiful page. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page and a wonderful journaling! Thank you for playing with us at Stuck?! and I hope you'll join us on our next reveal.

    ReplyDelete