Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The first days of thanks

Just because I'm not posting, doesn't mean I'm not thankful! In fact, that is the beauty of my conception of thirty days of thanks. Here is a bit about my month so far:

1 - I'm thankful when I don't have to cook dinner, especially when it is healthy and yummy and everyone in the family eats it!
2 - I'm thankful for the chance to watch my favorite TV show (even if I'm working while I'm doing it.)
3 - I'm thankful for early morning appointment times and offices that are as quick as they say the will be.
4 - I'm thankful for reconnecting with long-time friends.
5 - I'm thankful for a chance to escape my regular life for one day and scrapbook with my friends!
      I'm also thankful for backrubs.
6 - I'm thankful for the chance to play the organ at church and the support of the congregation and the choir. I'm also thankful for my five-year-old assistant.
7 - I'm thankful for keys that are lost and then found!
8 - I'm thankful for being at least a little bit ahead of the game. I'm also thankful for friends who support us in eating local food.

This project has been interesting. One thing I'm noticing already is that I don't want to be limited to only one thanks. Thinking about what I'm thankful for is making me more aware that I am thankful and therefore giving me more things to record. I guess I'm developing an "attitude of gratitude" (thanks, Oprah!)

Are you recording your thanks? What are you noticing?

I'm still pondering the project I will create. Originally, I had a mini-album in mind, but I'm also wondering about a layout or series of layouts. And I have to confess, I haven't taken any photos for this project yet. What ideas do you have about recording thanks? I would love to hear what you plan to do - and thanks, in advance!

1 comment:

  1. I never thought to write down my daily thanks and scrapbook them! Cool idea. I may have to review my facbeook posts to see what I've said each day....

    ReplyDelete