Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Project #2 - Name Banner

I've been working away on my projects but not posting because many are gifts. I want to be sure that the recipients see the gifts first in real life not here in photos. My darling niece has received her banner, so now I can share it here.


The chipboard banner is from CTMH, and I used the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut the paper into the appropriate shapes. The Cricut cut pieces matched perfectly with the banner and made my job much easier. I chose the paper I did because my niece's room is decorated in pinks and browns. This paper is More to Adore - long retired from CTMH. It is actually the first I bought from CTMH in 2007.


I cut each of the letters of Abby's name from patterned card stock and then adhered them with foam dots to the banner pieces.


I alternated between three types of embellishments - Chocolate twine, buttons and Opaques Mocha.


Since Abriella only has 8 letters, I chose to decorate the remaining two pieces to use as anchors at the end. Again, I used Cricut cut shapes and the same embellishments.


I added the cute little bird specifically because I know that Abby's mama likes them!

I'm pretty happy with the way this project turned out.  I hope Abby enjoys it as well! This is also a perfect entry for The Paper Variety's current challenge - Anything but (a card or a layout.)

Two projects down, only 34 more to go!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...great banner! Love the colors and details! Thanks for linking up with TPV- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out so cute!! I love being with you during your process, then see the finished results! great job!!

    ReplyDelete