Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Finding Peace (and scrapbooking it!)

Our summer has been very hectic (this is probably true for everyone). We have been visiting, vacationing, hosting, hiking, healing, cleaning, creating, cooking. One of the current challenge words at Bird is the Word is peace and last week that word really resonated with me. I took some time out of the busy summer activities (and the not quite frenzied fall preparations) to create a layout about this timely word.I used last week's sketch from Let's Get Sketchy:



and created this layout about my own sense of peace.


The process of creating and focusing on peace brought me a surprising sense of peace. I concentrated on my peaceful and calm colors - blue and brown - featured in the Pemberley paper pack from CTMH.



As I worked, I considered the design, but I also considered where I find peace.


At the end of the process, I felt more peaceful than I had in quite a few weeks. Additionally, I had reminded myself that I need to actively seek peace or I won't find it. I had also recollected some of the ways I can seek and practice peace.


These challenges and this layout were just the break I needed!

14 comments:

  1. wonderful LO! love the color scheme and the layering! glad you played along with us this week at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great page!Love the color combo and cute butterfly!
    Thanks for playing along with at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge, thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch. I just love blue & yellow together. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI.. this blue background paper would have to be the most pretty blue and so peaceful.. I love the mix of paper colors you have used.. and the photo looks wonderful.. and thank you so much for joining in at BITW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet ... I love the papers and colours that you've used! Thanks for sharing with us at Lets Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and peaceful LO. The flower patterned paper gives a sense of tranquillity :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! The colours are beautiful and soothing. I love all those paper layers!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page and love the colors you used,Thank you for joining us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful!!! Wonderful1!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't seen this one yet; it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yellow looks so bright on the blue, love it!

    Thx for joining us at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely peaceful layout!
    Thanks for playing along with us at BITW
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable page!
    tks for playing along with us at BITW
    xx
    Leila

    ReplyDelete