Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

For Always - Paper Trail Blog Hop and Project #10

Welcome to the Paper Trail Blog Hop! If you've arrived here from Betsy's blog, I'm glad you hopped along. If this is your first stop, I hope you'll continue around this circular hop to check out what each of us has created. This month we are sharing the For Always paper from the new Spring/Summer Idea book. This paper pack is unique because the color comes only in the cardstock and My Stickease - the B&T papers are all black and white! When I saw the black and white patterns next to the Lagoon stickers, I knew that I had to create a gift for a friend who is getting married this month. (One of her colors is Lagoon!)

I dug around in my stash and found an old 9X9 My Creations Memory Showcase. (You can't buy this size any more, but the 6X6 size is still available!) This fun project can sit closed like a book or be opened accordion style into a display piece.

I embellished with the For Always paper, My Stickease and the new  Blue Epoxy Bubbles.

I decided on a classic look for the front cover with a mat for a 5X7 photo.





This interior page has just B&T paper and the Stickease border. I save the dimensional embellishments for the covers so that the book will lie flat.










On this page, I stamped using the new In the Background stamp set on the left hand side in Lagoon. The black floral in the middle is B&T paper and the embellishments are all Stickease.
This is one way to display the showcase and see four pages at a time. Notice another new background stamp in black on Lagoon on the left hand side. The journaling strips on the Lagoon paper are the zip strip I cut off of one of the B&T papers!

For the back cover I decided on a more whimsical feel. I framed the photo mat with Stickease and again added a few of the Blue Epoxy Bubbles.
This project came together very quickly. I completed it in just two evenings - likely the same amount of time I would have spent shopping for a gift for the shower! I love checking off an errand and a project at the same time! (To see more about my Thirty-six Projects goal, check out the original post.)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Check back on Monday for another project created using For Always paper. Now, hop on along to Amy's blog to see what she has created! I'm sure you'll love it!



5 comments:

  1. Cool mini-album!!!! Perfect for the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss that 9 X 9 size...beautiful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, this is beautiful! A personalized gift like this is so much nicer than anything you could have bought. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love mini's, and this one is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty! Love how all the cardstock colors blend so nicely in your project. Just beautiful. Gotta say, that doily paper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete