Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

A few two-page layouts

I've been posting many one page layouts recently. I know that I often get working on one idea - like single page layouts - and that is where I focus for a while. Sometimes, I give myself a challenge to do something different. Here are two two-page layouts from the last few weeks.

This one came together like a dream once I reminded myself to think in colors not just in themes. The greens and aquas of Avonlea were great for my dusky outdoor pictures.



A close up of the left side. I kept the design simple to let the photos shine. Some foam adhesive and Colonial White Waxy Flax were my only embellishments.












And the right.
I stamped the title with the Bohemian Alphabet and stamped a simple border at the top of the page.


This second layout uses some older and some very new products. I based my design on pattern #2 from Make it From Your Heart (new). The papers are long-retired (old).


The left page.
I really like the way the pigment ink makes the title pop even stamped across three different colors. (new) The alphabet stamp set is Cobblestone - retired (old)














The right page.
The pattern papers are from two different packs - Level 1 kits, in fact (remember those?) I liked the way they fit with the outdoor feel of the page. (Definitely old)
Some details:



I paired the older papers with some newer embellishments including the Epoxy Bubbles and a quote from a new set. (definitely new!)






There. I've taken my own challenge and have proven to myself that I can still create in 12X24. What's next? Maybe 12X18?

What about you? What is your go-to size for layouts?


No comments:

Post a Comment