Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Dreaming of Dream Pop - Part 1

I've been busy creating with CTMH's May special paper pack - Dream Pop. I love the bright colors, the fun patterns, the trendy banners and pennants. I've been creating much more than I've been blogging, so I plan to use this last week in May to catch up a bit by sharing many of my Dream Pop creations.

This first layout is simple and really focuses on the details of the paper.


In addition to my photos, I added a mat, a journaling spot, Slate polka dot washi tape and a few flowers.

The yellow "tape", the multicolored geometric pattern and the "Beautiful" pennant are all printed on the paper! The page came together quickly and the simple paper helped me to keep the attention where I wanted it - on my daughter's photo!












I used the details on the paper for my second layout as well.  This time I chose to accentuate two features - the left hand banner and the flower cluster in the bottom right corner.


Here are some details:


I fussy cut some of the flowers from the second sheet of the matching paper. I used foam adhesive to add some dimension and then accented them with Liquid Glass. I added a bit of washi tape to make the corner feel more finished.


I added more paper strips, some washi tape and a few fussy cut flowers to the left had banner. I also included my title and journaling directly on the paper.

















The first colors I noticed in this pack were the Raspberry, Strawberry and Tangerine.  I liked those colors, but I wanted to stretch so that I could focus on Banana, Grey and Mint as well.


I loved the glossy resist pattern on the cardstock. I liked the tone on tone effect of the glossy for the background of my page. I decided to play with the glossy resist a bit around the edges. I used a sponge and applied the ink directly to the paper. When the whole border was inked, I used a tissue to wipe the excess ink off of the resist pattern.

I was inspired by the May Stamp of the Month to add a few pinwheels as accents. Rather than stamping them, I cut them out so that I could show off more of the patterns.

The title and journaling block is from another sheet in the pack.

Although I did use the Banana, Grey and Mint that I set out to use, I also used a quite bit of the other colors. They work well together, so I'll go with it!










Remember, the Dream Pop special paper pack is only available through May (as supplies last). The pack which includes 12 cardstock sheets and 12 B&T duos can be yours for just $10 with a $35 order. Let me know if you want to get your hands on these fun colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment