Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dreaming of Dream Pop - Part 2

I'm continuing my attempts to share some of what I've created lately with a few more Dream Pop creations.

First Visit
The colors in this pack seemed perfect with a sunburst. They also looked nice with the colors of my daughter's shirt and the dentists' chair!


I added a few punched and cut out embellishments to this one. Additionally, I included baker's twine and Durables Round Studs.


The real story, however, happened after I took these photographs. My daughter say the layout displayed in our family room and told me she didn't want anyone to see it. I was surprised because I thought the photos were cute and my journaling told how well she had done on her first dentist visit. When I probed a bit more, she explained that she didn't want everyone to know what she was feeling at the time. It was too good to be true - a memory keepers' dream. After I explained that people couldn't tell what she was feeling from the photos, I encouraged her to write it out. She created a tag for her side of the story and we hid the journaling on the page.



Tea Time
I pulled in some plain light blue cardstock to complement the colors in the kit this time. I couldn't believe how perfectly each color matched my daughter's tea set!


Two-page layouts are tricky to photograph, so here is a closer shot of each page:




Again on this layout I used washi tape to embellish. I think the designs with the printed "tape" make it the perfect choice for embellishment.



Pearls also seemed an appropriate choice for a layout about afternoon tea (as long as you don't look at the attire of the kids in the photos, that is.)


I am having a lot of fun playing with the papers in this pack. In case you haven't been counting, I've created 6 pages so far (and only added two sheets of cardstock.) I have created a few cards as well as two pages that are in progress on my desk right now - and there is still paper in the pack - full sheets of paper!

Remember, the Dream Pop special paper pack is only available through May (as supplies last). The pack which includes 12 cardstock sheets and 12 B&T duos can be yours for just $10 with a $35 order. Let me know if you want to get your hands on these fun colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment