Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Letting the photos tell the story


I create pages to tell stories. Sometimes the story comes through in the journaling, but sometimes the photos do a good job of speaking for themselves. In those instances, I work to keep my products and design from getting in the way!

I captured these moments on a weekend getaway for a friend's wedding. Once I had the photos arranged to showcase the beautiful location, I didn't want my design to distract from that. I decided to go with simple products: some green B&T paper from the Ivy Lane pack, Gold Polka Dot Washi tape, one fussy cut flower and a bit of subtle stamping.


The stamps I used were from a variety of sets. All similar size and all sentiments that fit with the story although the styles are very different. This fit well with my style of using words as embellishments. 


Fussy cutting is not usually one of my favorite techniques, but this flower was perfect for it! It is from the other side of the paper I used as my photo mats.




What about you? What are your tricks for emphasizing photos on your layouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment