Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Reading Changed My Life

This layout was inspired by the April challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch. (Yes, I am getting this in under the wire.)

Here is the sketch:




And here is my take on it:



I loved the sketch and the journaling challenge was the perfect starting point for what I wanted to say about these photos. Reading did change my life - and it continues to change it. Watching my daughter read with her grandpa also changed my life.



I liked the busy band across the middle of the layout and the restful white space above and below. I used buttons, ribbon, stamping, chipboard and brads to embellish around the photos.


Because my title was a long one, I moved the journaling onto the white space below the photos. This helped balance the title and made it easy to ready my story.


Thanks for the challenge! It was a fun layout to create!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you joined us this month at OUAS [juuust made it, eh??!!!] & reading really DOES open up a whole new world....it's such a wonderful skill:) Such a sweet page!!! Those little button clusters are super cute, too!!!! And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree reading will change your life forever in ways that impact on every aspect of our lives. This is a lovely layout of a very special time with grandad. Love the Kraft background. The colours just pop. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, this is such a lovely layout featuring these oh so special photos of your daughter with her grandfather reading together!! I love to read, too and it was such a privilege to teach our children this special skill as well. I can't imagine life without it. I adore seeing your journaling in your own hand as part of the page design!! I’m so glad you have joined us for the April Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete