Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Models - another layout with Balloon Ride

Today's layout has a lot in common with the one I shared on Tuesday: I used Balloon Ride paper, I included three photos and the story is prominent in the design. There are also a couple of major differences: I focused on the browns in the paper, and I used a one page design.


I emphasized the brown (Saddle) from the paper pack many ways on this layout. I used Saddle cardstock for my base page and chose to feature one of the pattern papers that is a simple pattern in Saddle ink.


I also did all of my stamping using Saddle ink.
* Quick tip: choose one color ink to use throughout a whole layout. It simplifies your stamping and your clean up!


I chose to use these three photos on a single page to emphasize the similarities. The photos work together as a group to tell the story so I wanted them grouped together on the layout.





The story I'm telling is important to me on this layout just as it was on my layout on Tuesday. (As it is on a majority of my layouts, really.) The design emphasizes the story since the journaling is the same size as the photos and is aligned with them.

So there you have it, my two very different takes using three photos and the same paper pack. 

How do you take on a three photo layout? What choices do you make? I'd love to hear about your process!




No comments:

Post a Comment