Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Paper Trail - Balloon Ride

Welcome to the paper trail!  This month we are hopping along with the Balloon Ride paper pack. You may have arrived here from Diane's blog or this may be your first stop. Either way, I hope you travel our circular path to see some lovely creations with this paper pack.

Although I've never been in a hot air balloon, I was immediately drawn to the soft colors of this paper pack. Something I appreciate about Close to My Heart paper packs is that themed packs also include papers that coordinate but don't extend the theme. For me this means if I like the colors, I can use the pack no matter what the theme. This month it meant that I could use thus vintage travel themed pack to tell stories about my kids in our own yard.

 My layout this month plays on the blues and pinks in the paper.


It seems I often end up with three photos of an event and then I debate: one page or two? For this layout - design inspired by Cathy Zielske - I spaced the three photos over two pages. This let me showcase the paper and still focus attention on the photos. I also like that this design gives the story the same presence as the photos.


I punched circles from other papers in the pack to accent the layout and included a bit of Metallic Baker's Twine for sparkle.

I had some circles leftover when my layout was finished so I decided to make a coordinating card. (This is one of my favorite quick and easy, supply saving techniques.) Here is the card I came up with:

 

I love the variety in this paper pack. The pinks and browns look so different without the blue. Come back Thursday to see another layout that focuses on the browns! In the mean time, I hope you'll hop on along to Linda's blog to see what she created. 

Happy crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Great projects, Connie, I Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those circles!! I need to try that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that little touch of bakers twine really sets off your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout with both the photos and papers being showcased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the photos work well with the colors and the fan paper suggests movement to me, so the football game is perfect!

    ReplyDelete