Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Scrapping on vacation?

My family is at the beach this week. Every year my hubby packs up his hobby items to work on for after the kids go to bed or in case we have a rainy day. In a funny way, I think he gets more done on vacation than he does at home. A few years ago I decided I wanted to be able to take advantage of those times to scrapbook. He gave me a worried look when I told him since he knows how many bags I take to crops. I packed only one small shoulder bag filled with photos, other people's sketches, a notebook, a ruler and a trimmer. It worked out great. I sorted photos into layout piles, decided on page designs and sketched them out. Sometimes I included my plans for titles, papers, embellishments. It was easy to make a few final decisions and put the pages together once I was home. I think I used those sketches for a couple of months.

This year, I'm trying something different. The house where we are staying has wireless, and I have a laptop. I'm planning to do some digital pages. This is still a very new area for me, but I'm really liking Close to my Heart's Studio J online. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment