Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Up for a Challenge?

I've been writing a monthly challenge for my friends Karen and Rene over at CropNTime for a year and half now. It has been great fun coming up with challenges that will stretch scrappers' creativity and designing my own layouts that meet the requirements (sometimes harder than you would think). My favorite part of this adventure though has been seeing what the talented ladies at the crops come up with in response to the challenges. I am constantly inspired by the responses to the challenges!

Starting this month, I've decided to run a challenge here as well. I figure I can use all the inspiration I can get.

July Challenge
It is a recipe challenge, but this one has a bit of a twist. In addition to page elements, this recipe includes techniques for you to use. You might call this a recipe with room for improvisation. You don’t have to use all of elements or techniques and you can add whatever other elements or techniques make the page work for you.

The page elements – use at least three of the following:
  • laser cut or die cut paper
  • flower embellishments
  • buttons
  • plaid pattern paper

The techniques – use at least two of the following:
  • stamp
  • doodle
  • write by hand

And here is my interpretation of the challenge based roughly on a sketch by Allison Davis.

Page elements from the recipe: The die cut paper, felt daisies and blue buttons were all in my "new products" pile. The plaid paper is an oldie made new.

Techniques from the recipe:

stamped journal spot (cute, huh? I received it in a swap!)

handwritten journaling - to be honest I usually hand write my journaling. It is easier and quicker for me.
Doodled border elements. A bit out of my comfort zone, but I like the way it turned out.

Want to play along? Post your layout (or a link) in the comments here by August 15. If at least 5 people play along, I'll draw a random winner for a small prize after that date.

I can't wait to see what you create!

No comments:

Post a Comment