Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Time (like water) Flows On



This is actually a two-page layout that started out as one page. I created the left page in response to the challenge over at Paper Thrills this week. The challenge is to use a old movie poster as inspiration. I have to admit, it was an intimidating challenge for me. Once inspiration struck, however, it just...flowed (pun intended). I had lots of fun stamping the flourishes that were inspired by the monster's tentacles. I had many more photos than the ones I included on the layout, but limiting myself to three on my original one page forced me to tell a more specific story. I found that I had so much to say I had to type my journaling!

After I had finished my one page, I decided that I did want to use some of the other photos from the day, so I created the right hand page using the same cardstock and flourish stamp as the original page. It seemed a little flat, so at the suggestion of my scrappin' buddy Karen, I added a couple of grunge board flourishes as well. Not such as scary layout after all!

1 comment: