Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Flower Embellishment Tutorial

I love to use flower embellishment - especially when I can make my own using simple supplies like I did on this layout.


I created these flowers using some CTMH supplies: the Pemberley workshop on the go stamp set, Colonial White cardstock, Outdoor Denim ink and Stardust Glitz Gel. Here's a photo tutorial to show you how I did it.




 I started by stamping the image.



Then I cut around the outside of the flower. 


(I wasn't worried about the details of each petal because I knew I would be doing more with it.)









I placed a pencil eraser in the center of the flower






 Then I scrunched the flower around the pencil.

 After I removed the pencil, I roughed up the edges of the flower a bit with my fingers.



And finally, I added the Glitz to the center and set it aside to dry!


This technique would work well with any flower stamp that was mostly solid and fairly circular. Additionally, you could easily use a button or a brad to dress up the center of the flower instead of the Glitz. 
I would love to see what you can create using this idea!


1 comment: