Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A new group of crafters

Six ladies at my church got together for some craft time this weekend. There was no set agenda, no specific project to complete. Each of us brought a current project and we shared some time together. It was the first time we've tried this type of get-together (at least in the time I've been at the church), but it was so successful, we've already chosen a date in March for our next crafty afternoon. I'm sad to say I didn't take any pictures. I'll have to redeem myself next month.

Many of the ladies do multiple crafts. A couple even brought multiple projects. I was the only one working on paper crafts. One shared some mosaic frames and a handmade card she had previously made. One worked on baby booties; one a baby afghan. One alternated between a quilt and a baby sweater; one a sweater and socks. We shared a bit about our current projects. A few of us even gave pointers on our craft itself. (I ended up doing an acrylic stamp demo that turned into a page element!)

It was wonderful to spend time with craft-minded people and share ideas and inspiration. I especially enjoyed looking at things from the perspective of a knitter or a quilter.  Who knows, maybe next month I'll try mittens!

No comments:

Post a Comment