Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Missing CO - A layout inspired by "A Sweethaven Summer"

I'm always up for a scrapbooking challenge. Courtney at Telling Stories has been hosting a challenge this month inspired by her book A Sweethaven Summer. She and other well-known crafters created projects based on ideas or themes from the novel. The challenge for her readers was to take one project or layout and use it as an inspiration piece for a creation of your own. I saw this challenge when Courtney first posted it and knew I wanted to play along. Somehow, the time slipped away from me and all of the sudden, all projects are due! Luckily, I found some time to work and hopefully I will get this in under the wire.

I took my inspiration from a layout by Linda Barber (check it out on Courtney's blog). I took the challenge to create a layout about a place that has captured my heart; I took my design from Linda. Here is the layout I came up with about my home state:


The page came together fairly quickly after I had decided the topic and design. All papers are CTMH's Victory.

Thanks Courtney and Linda for the inspiration. This page was fun to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment