Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

April Paper Trail Blog Hop - Victory

Welcome to the Paper Trail Blog Hop! This month we are celebrating with the Victory paper packet. If you've arrived here from Pineapple Paper Artist, Amy's blog, you're on the right track. (If this is your first stop, no worries, this hop is circular!)


When I first saw the Victory paper pack in the idea book I wasn't enthralled with it. (I think the camouflage paper threw me off.) I purchased the paper because I knew other people were interested in it and set to work. I fell in love! The colors - Outdoor Denim, New England Ivy, Chocolate and Bamboo - were perfect for so many layouts.




I used the paper here and the idea of a sketch by Allison Davis to create a layout about my son:



Here are some of the details:

Monogram letters with bitty sparkles for the two word title. (Cobblestone alphabet - retired)


Dimensional Elements Stars - paper covered and inked.


The journaling block was cut from the B&T ledger paper.
Did you notice the Color Ready Seam Binding tucked behind the embellishments? I had fun playing with the different colors and deciding where to include each.


In addition to this layout, I've already created two others 5 things and Missing CO and have another one in the works. I'm almost through the paper and in none of these layouts have I used the camouflage paper - but the plaid is very nice. Not bad for a paper pack I didn't like at first, huh?

Hop on over to Betsy's blog, Stamp Scrap Fever! to see what she has created. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful unique and softer use of the paper!!! Well, well, done and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Love LOVE the plaid!! Last night was my first experiment with the color ready seam binding. I used Olive and you can barely see it on my card. I love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the plaid paper and those star! Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete