Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Finishing things up

I've spent a lot of time over the past couple of weeks finishing up layouts that have been sitting around in progress. Some of my scrappin' girls frequently poke fun at me for the number of unfinished projects I have at any one time. Some reasons my layouts languish on my desk unfinished: I run out of time in one sitting, I don't have the supplies I need where I'm working, and very often, I run out of inspiration and/or nothing seems to be working right. Taking a break from a layout really helps me. A fresh perspective is often just what I need.  Sometimes the number of works in progress gets out of hand. The nice part is then I can sit down and "finish" lots of pages in a short amount of time. Here are a couple that I have finished recently:

This has been one of my son's favorite phrases for the last few months. It warms my heart when he says it. I used CTMH's Sonoma paper packet and a few metal accents.




I didn't plan the design with journaling in mind, so I had to add it in after the fact. Thank goodness for hidden tags!


This one has been in my head since I first saw the sketch at least three months ago at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. I knew just the photos, papers and memorabilia I wanted to use. The challenge was to gather those three items and the sketch in the same place.

The paper is very old CTMH from the Animal Cookies paper packet.


I'm glad I waited until I actually had everything I envisioned for the layout. I really like the way the map looks with the cute zoo animals on the paper and the stickers. After all of that waiting, I didn't have much to say that wasn't already evident so I took a light approach with my journaling:



Although they took a long time to complete, I think they were worth the wait.

How about you? What have you been working on lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment