Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Family Photo Shoot - A few reasons I love Studio J

After working with Studio J last month on my blog hop project I was inspired to keep creating! I had photos languishing on my computer from a family photo shoot in December 2011. I knew that I wanted to show these photos off in a big way on my layouts, I just hadn't done it yet. I decided these photos were perfect for some Studio J play. I created 10 pages (5 two page layouts) in four days - normal at home, with the kids, make dinner days.

Through this process, I (re)discovered a few reasons I love Studio J:
1. Large photos

I knew I wanted my photos to be the stars on these pages. I didn't have to print 8X10 images to see if I would like they way they looked. I swapped photos in and out at will. When the printed pages arrived, I had beautiful layouts that included large photos for no extra charge!

2. Retired (and Studio J exclusive) papers


We chose a blue theme for our photo shoot. I love that I was able to use one of my favorite - now retired - My Reflections paper packets, Pemberley. The colors of the paper were perfect with our wardrobe selections. It was also fun to revisit a favorite paper that is no longer in my stash!


3. Undo

One of my favorite features of Studio J has to be the undo button. It saved me many times in this project. Not only could I remove a photo that didn't really work, I could shift an embellishment slightly, change a paper color (and then change it back) add - or remove - a sticker. And I could do all of that without worrying about adhesive or folding, tearing, wrinkling!


Have you tried Studio J yet? There is no obligation, no download, no commitment and no cost until you order layouts. Why not create an account and check it out? Let me know if you have any questions! I'll share a couple more layouts and a few more reasons I love Studio J soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment