Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

This Workshop is Working!

I loved the Workshop on the Go Canvas art kit in the Spring/Summer CTMH idea book. A home decor project showcasing photos that comes with chipboard, twine and even a stamp set? I was in. When the Work the Workshop campaign came out this month, I was totally sold! Until July 31 you can get this workshop for $19.95 - more than 50% off of the original $39.95 cost.

The workshop is designed to use a 5X7 photo, and fortunately for me I had some really cute ones of my little guy from late this spring. Here is what I created:

And some details of how I layered the chipboard:





All of the chipboard pieces came with the kit - in addition to the twine. I added only the Mocha Opaques (one of my favorite neutral embellishments).


The kit comes with stamps for the title "Home" or "Love", but since my little guy's name also has four letters, I pulled out the now-retired Field Trip alphabet and used his name as the title.


I  love the way the my canvas turned out, but there is something that is almost better. I have enough leftover supplies for another project! Here is what I have left after creating my project:



This project came together quickly using the ideas insert that came with the workshop. The guide suggested Liquid Glass and 3-D Foam Tape to attach the elements to the canvas and both worked very well.

Think the workshop will work for you? At 50% off you can't go wrong! Why not check it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment