Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Bright Sunshiny Day

One of my goals this year is to use some of my stash of old supplies - and to find ways to incorporate them with my new supplies. Even thought we are only days from the premier of the new CTMH catalog, I dug into my old stash at the Crop N Time event this past weekend to create this layout.


For this layout, I started with the large piece of blue paper from Sarita that I had cut with the Cricut. Then I went to my scrap bin. I pulled papers had pink and salmon colors as well as some that coordinated with the neutral kraft base page.

Tip: When choosing papers from multiple packs or collections, use one color or shade as your guide.

I ended up including strips from Claire, Sonoma, and another paper so old I can't remember the pack! The three strips coordinated with each other and provided contrast to the large Outdoor Denim die cut and kraft base.


When it came time to embellish, I dug deep into my stash again. Both the pin on the title tag and the die cut arrow have been hanging around in my bag for a number of years. I only found these particular embellishments because I recently reorganized my entire collection.

How do you store your embellishments so that they end up on layouts not in bags? This is an area where I could use some help, and I would love to hear your ideas!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment