Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Odds and Ends from January

Last month, it seems, I created many more layouts than I blogged. I'm here today to catch up on a couple of those layouts.

This first one was the one hour challenge at the January Crop N Time crop. The challenge was inspired by January in our neck of the woods:
  • one photo - for the first month of the year
  • the word “new” - for the year and the resolutions some of us make
  • white - for the snow we often see
  • something fuzzy - for the mittens and sweaters we wear

Here is my creation:

I have to confess. Since I write the challenges, I don't always time myself. This page was definitely a quick one, however. 


This next layout started with the title block. I had a piece with tag shapes cut out leftover from one of my workshops. I was inspired by the many ways I've seen people using negative space recently to create this: 


The four letter title worked perfectly for the page. 


Yellow is not one of my go-to colors, but I liked the way it balanced the blue hues on the page. I have lots of photos of my kids reading. (They like to do it, and I find it adorable that they do!) Rather than rehashing how I feel about them reading, again, I decided to use a quote about reading as the journaling:
      "Anyone who says they only have one life to live must not know how to read a book!"


There you have it. A bit of what I created in January. What have you created so far this year? Stop back next week for some more new creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment